Protecting your personal data is important to us. We follow the European data protection guidelines for the collecting, processing, and usage of personal data.
This policy describes how we track and use data tracked on our website https://www.interregnorthsea.eu/ including the integrated project websites.
1 Object of the data protection
The object of data protection is personal data, i.e., all information which refers to an identified or identifiable natural person. This shall include, for example, data such as name, postal address, email address, or phone number, and also (where applicable) usage data such as your IP address or content data.
2 Cookies and data tracking
2.1 We track and process website usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognise and stop any misuse.The data does not enable us to make any inferences regarding the natural person behind them.
2.2 Our content management system (Drupal 9) sets no cookies for anonymous visitors. However, it sets one cookie for logged-in users. This is an essential session cookie (not a tracking cookie) which is necessary to make the system work. The session cookie expires after 23 days.
2.3 What we are tracking: When you visit our site, we will track and log the following types of information. The raw access logs are removed after 30 days.
- The website from which you visited us.
- The parts of our site you visit.
- The date, time, and duration of your visit.
- Your anonymised IP address.
- Name of the requested file.
- Information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type and settings) used during your visit.
- Title and URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Files that were clicked and downloaded.
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the user)
- Access methods/functions requested by the requesting computer.
- Access status of the web server (file transferred, file not found, command not executed, etc.) as well as the URL from which the file was requested or the requested function was affected.
2.4. We offer our website visitors the option to opt out of any tracking. You can do this by unticking the box below: